AGUIA RAMPS UP COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM AND OPENS
LOCAL OFFICE IN LAVRAS DO SUL
• Aguia launches outreach website and opens office in Lavras Do Sul
• Workshops and social events attended by over 1,000 local people in August
• Mayor expresses his appreciation for Aguia’s transparency and outreach efforts
• Positive reception from local community to Aguia’s plans for Três Estradas
Toronto, Canada September 5, 2017 – Brazilian fertilizer developer Aguia Resources Limited (ASX: AGR, TSXV:AGRL) (“Aguia” or “Company”) is pleased to update shareholders and stakeholders on the launch of its community outreach campaign in Lavras do Sul this August. The purpose of the campaign is to provide the local community with information and regular updates on Aguia’s plans for the development of the Três Estradas phosphate deposit.
Aguia has launched a local website for the Três Estradas project (www.projetofosfato.com.br) and Facebook page to provide information on the Company’s development plans and the positive impact these will have on the local community.
To coincide with the launch of these online resources and the opening of an office Lavras do Sul, Aguia hosted a number of social and educational events during the month of August. These included:
• A function held for key representatives from the community including the Mayor, members of local government, leaders from the major co-operatives, bank officials, business owners and members of important community organizations such as the Rotary Club.
• Stakeholder workshops attended by members of the local community during which Aguia explained the project development timeline and process and the expected benefits to the region. Participants were given the opportunity to ask questions and express their expectations to Aguia’s local team.
• A festival open to the entire community and held in the main city square with a concert and activities for children during which Aguia presented its plans to the public and announced the online resources and new office opening to encourage people to learn more about the project.
In total, over 1,000 people attended these events and the feedback from the local community and representatives was overwhelmingly positive.
Technical Director Dr. Fernando Tallarico commented, “The reception from the local people on the launch of our community outreach campaign was excellent. The number of people that attended the events and engaged in learning more about our plans indicates how important this project will be for the local community. We were very pleased to receive a letter from the Mayor and City Hall thanking Aguia for its transparency and efforts to explain every detail of the Phosphate Project to the Lavras people. This will be an ongoing process for us as we move closer to production and we want to make sure that we are acting as a good corporate neighbour and ensuring that all stakeholders are informed and that their voices are being heard.”
Managing Director Justin Reid added, “Our team is doing a great job communicating and educating all of our local stakeholders. Ongoing engagement with the local community is very important to us and is a critical ingredient in the successful development and eventual operation of Três Estradas. We take this process very seriously and will invest considerable time and resources in the process.
“We are building a very positive relationship with the local, regional and state governments and our surrounding communities. We believe that an open, honest and transparent communications strategy is the best approach towards development.”
Aguia will update shareholders on other project development initiatives very shortly.
For further information, please contact:
Justin Reid, Managing Director
T: +1 416-216-5446
Spyros Karellas, Investor Relations North America
T: +1 416-433-5696
Released through: Ben Jarvis, Six Degrees Investor Relations: +61 413 150 448
Follow Aguia on Twitter: @ Aguia_Resources
Aguia Resources Limited, (“Aguia”) is an ASX and TSX Venture listed company whose primary focus is on the exploration and development of phosphate projects in Brazil. Aguia has an established and highly experienced in-country team based in Belo Horizonte, Brazil with corporate offices in Sydney, Australia. Aguia’s key projects are located in Rio Grande do Sul, a prime farming area which is 100% dependent on phosphate imports. The Rio Grande phosphate deposits exhibit high quality and low-cost production characteristics, and are ideally located with proximity to road, rail, and port infrastructure. Aguia’s experienced management team has a proven track record of advancing high quality mining assets to production in Brazil.